Sunday 4 January 2015

The Worst Fucking Christmas Ever

Woke up at 8.30am. No presents at the end of my bed.

Avoided the Leek until breakfast, which was a fish the size of my left glute, nothing wrong with that as such except being a fucking strange breakfast.

Then took her to daily piano practice at a music shop (her mother is that anal) and sat for an hour listening to the same two-line melody. Did I say it was for an hour? Because it was.

All of a sudden it was revealed we were leaving granny’s and staying at a hotel for the night so I had to pack my shit at lightning speed whilst everyone waited like I was some moron who should but doesn't know everything, and bundled the Leek's xmas present in communist newspaper. With no sellotape or other adhesive.

Drove to the Shangri-La Hotel, top tourist resort of Sanya, China’s Hawaii, and discovered to my trepidation that all seven of us were sharing a twin room. Presents were unwrapped, mine being the most obscene pair of sandals that looked like they were made on Art Attack, along with the promise of some red wine in the evening. Then the Leek had an excitement seizure on seeing the outside waterpark, which made my eyes bleed.

We were obliged to go and it was just as I had foretold: effing cold. Christmas day shivering knee deep in chlorine with screaming kids racing down water chutes. Then we spent about three hours in a sandpit using our knickers as a sieve. If there’s anything worse than a sendimented vagina, on Christmas Day, please do inform me now.

Forcible participation

Finally, all you can eat Christmas dinner. Which is amazing!... if you’re not phobic of food, and the turkey isn't the rubberiest of your whole life and the Christmas pudding isn't constipated sadness. The only redeeming feature was the coconut-scented mashed potato, and that at the end I had that festive overindulged bloated-corpse feeling. A corpse who is afterwards dragged to the ball pit and made to hobble a three-legged race with a douchey child wearing a magenta Young Versace twopiece.

Oh and the red wine I was promised? That never happened.

Merry fucking Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment